Many say that audits of credit unions have become a commodity product, and in many cases, it is hard to argue with this impression. Audit staff, often young and very inexperienced come and go, too much time is spent “ticking and tying” without understanding how to identify truly risky areas, audit reports are delivered late, and small to mid-sized credit unions are often the step-child of the industry.
Engaging an auditor who understands the issues facing credit unions is perhaps one of the most critical governance responsibilities of the Supervisory Committee. Auditing and consulting with credit unions has been at the core of Mike Sacher’s professional life. He’s been doing this for 30 years-as a Partner with O’Rourke Sacher & Moulton (1977 to 2001), McGladrey & Pullen (2001 to 2008) & now as Sacher Consulting.
When you engage Mike Sacher to perform your annual Supervisory Committee Audit, you can be assured that:
- Mike will meet with you to design an audit plan to specifically fulfill the needs of your credit union.
- Mike will personally perform the majority of the audit engagement.
- You will receive timely, consultative and insightful recommendations and advice.
- Mike will be accessible throughout the year.
- Each of Mike’s audit clients will receive my best efforts and full attention. Asset size will NOT drive our professional relationship.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of engaging Mike to conduct your next audit engagement, please contact me to arrange a no obligation, in-person meeting.